Posted Jul 24
Aim Hire Jobs
Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom
This employer requests that only candidates in United Kingdom apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not United Kingdom, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Job Title: Hadoop Administrator
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Hook, Hampshire
Contract Rate: £250 per day Max.
Contract Length: 6 Months - Extension extremely likely
Our Client, one of the world's foremost Telecoms companies, is looking to recruit a Hadoop Administrator to join their department in Hook, Hampshire.
· Knowledge of Bigdata eco system - HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Sqoop, Hive, Hbase, Flume, Kafka
· Understanding of Hadoop 2.x Architecture and IBM big insights
· Hands on Ambari or any other Cluster management tool
· Administration activities like commissioning and decommission of the cluster nodes, increasing the size of the memory / block / changing the schedulers etc
· Hands on expertise in Hive configuration for resource allocation, performance tweaking.
· Hands on experience in Yarn, MapReduce configurations to effectively utilize all resources and production grade settings
· Flume agent configurations and handling
· Hands on experience in encryption/decryption and compression & Decompression technics over Hadoop stack
· Unix (Red hat / Ubuntu) administration is must
· Hands on SQL knowledge
· Hands on experience in Control-M, TFS etc are an added advantage
· Design robust Hadoop solutions for complex business problems.
· HBASE, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Sqoop, Flume, and Kafka is plus
This is a great role for the right candidate, so if you meet all the criteria above, then APPLY TODAY!
Employment Type: Contract
Work Hours: Full Time
Our Virtual Paralegals are eager to start working on your projects.
Commission-Only jobs are not permitted to be posted on the Virtual Paralegal Job site.